What comes to your mind when you hear the term “self-care”? …Selfish? Ignoring the needs of others for yourself?
Well, self-care is nothing like that! It’s NOT being selfish or about ignoring the needs of others for yourself.
Self-care doesn’t have to be time consuming or complicated or too expensive.
What Self-care actually is?
Self-care is basically taking care of yourself, making yourself a priority. It’s about making you feel good and your life easier.
It’s all about your well-being — physically, mentally, socially, spiritually, work-wise, everything.
Self-care includes small and purposeful efforts to make you happy and feel good about yourself.
How self-care helps?
We often get sucked into our lives and thus self-care is too often overlooked. While living upto the expectations of our family, school, work, we tend to forget and neglect the most important person in life — you.
If you are not going to take care of yourself, how will you take care of those who need you or people you love?
Once you start taking care of yourself, you will have more patience, be more focused and have clarity. It improves productivity and reduces mental & physical exhaustion.
- Make you calm, relaxed and less stressed
- It will build your self-esteem and boost self-confidence
- You’ll get to know yourself better
Self-care is as simple as introspecting and reflecting yourself while having your morning coffee. The following suggestions are simple and inexpensive things which you can do without making any extra efforts and will take less time.
- Sleep early
- Wake up early
- Exercise for at least 30 mins
- Eat healthy
- Drink water
- Read a book 📖
- Drink your favorite coffee/tea
- Go on a walk in nature –
- Clean your home/space
- Get organised
- Talk to someone you love
- Watch a movie
- Go out with your best friends
- Spend time with your family
- Buy something that’ll make you smile 😊
- Plan a night to do something you really wanna do!
- Take a long bath 🛀🏻
- Listen to cheerful music
- Cook one of your favorite meals
- List 5 things you are grateful for
- Unplug from social media – take a break from scrolling through your feed.
- Socialize (for real!)
- Get a hobby
- Learn to say “no” to others and “yes” to yourself
- Social Media Detox – unfollow all the negative profiles/people
- Write compliments to yourself
- Write a thank-you note ✍🏻
- Go on a date with yourself
- Have a good laugh – watch a comedy movie, read comics, watch funny videos
- Learn a new skill
- Tell someone you love them 💝
- Go for a long drive
I hope you’ll find these ideas helpful and will get you out of the rut!
What’s your idea about self-care? Let us know in the comments below! 😊