“Change is the only constant in life.” – Heraclitus
We are creatures of habit. We feel comfortable and secure in doing things the way we have always done them.
People often become so obsessed with the expectations of life that they start to feel disappointed or quickly give up when things don’t go exquisitely. And let’s face it — life never goes as planned! The year 2020 is the greatest example of it. The year has taught us why it is important for all of us to cultivate the ability to embrace change.
While it’s certainly helpful to set goals and make plans, fixating too much on the end result means missing out on opportunities for personal development, growth, and even having a little fun along the way.
Although it’s impossible to predict the future but understanding what to expect will give you a better idea of how to manage the uncertainties that come along with those changes.
Having the right perspective, embracing change becomes easier.
Change has three key benefits. It drives you to:
- Learn new things
- Master new skills
- Become wiser, fearless, adaptive, and positive
How my life has changed
In the past five years,
- My taste in music has changed
- The way I dress now is a lot different from how I used to dress earlier
- My hobbies have changed significantly over the time
- Started Journaling (…religiously!)
- Completed my graduation and post-graduation
- Developed interest in writing
- Started my blog
- Made a lot of friends
- Moved to another city for my masters
How has your life changed in the past few years?
Remember: Change is hard but inevitable.